Sunday, February 26, 2012

what a week! [in a good way]

Ever have one of those weeks where everything seems to go right?!
That was this week for me.
As I already posted Monday was everything [except the actual movie] Goon day!
Tuesday was a down day, that I spent looking up apartments, just in case.
Wednesday I had a 'wake up call' the lady called me at 9AM to tell me that the apartment was mine and that I cold come by at 4 to sign the lease and get the key! That was exciting cuz it meant I would be able to move in Thursday and get settles and more importantly I would be able to see Goon on Friday!
After I signed the lease and had my key I headed back downtown, Marianas Trench was have a secret concert at the Apple Store. I had heard about it Monday, while I was there to see Jay and then I looked it up online to confirm. At 6, I walked by the store and there was a line up outside, it wasn't a freezing cold day but I wasn't crazy enough to wait outside for 2 hours. I did know that it would be full of teenage girls. Around 7:30 I headed back, I arrived just before 8 they were still letting people in. Then the band started playing, I assume all Apple Stores are laid out the same-ish but this one has an all glass front, and is two stories high, Marianas Trench was playing on the top floor facing away from the front of the store. So from outside we saw them getting on the 'stage'.
I knew they would eventually let us in, there were only about 15 of us still outside. It wasn't so bad outside but we couldn't hear them and the Apple workers were 'dancing', which was not cool. They finally let 6 people in and I was the 6th! Like I said I wasn't crazy about the band like the other girls there but as soon as they were let in the store they ran up the stairs, I followed suit, it felt like I was on 'The Price is Right' all the Apple employees just watched as we went up stairs haha. Naturally I was at the back of the room, which was fine with me, I didn't want to get shoved around and I could hear them perfectly fine. I managed to get a few decent pics when the tall people weren't in the way.
After their set, I hung around. I wasn't sure if they were coming back out or what. I eventually found out that they were going to sign autographs, so I stayed for that. I'm sure they are nice guys but during the autograph signing they didn't say much and hardly even acknowledged the fans as they passed. Then again after a few dozen people they probably wanted to be done and leave. I talked to a few people before the show and after, some potential 'new friends'.
Thursday was another early morning but this time it was for the big move, it wasn't a big move. Everything fit in the van, including the dresser I acquired, and I was in the place by myself by 10:30AM! I then checked online for the nearest Canadian Tire to get an air mattress and some cleaning supplies. I couldn't do much until I scrubbed the surfaces. The bathroom was probably the grossest but it wasn't tooo bad. I then walked over to Loblaws, which is just up the street, I was hungry by this point since I hadn't eaten all day. So I got a few necessities but I still didn't have curtains or a shower curtain so I hopped on the Metro to go to the Dollar store, there isn't one close to me, bummer. Then I came home and crashed. It took 12 hours to move, clean and unpack a lot of my stuff. I wanted to do as much as I could because I had big plans for Friday.
Friday was opening day for GOON! I wanted to go to the first available showing which was at 12:35! Since it wasn't showing at the AMC, old Forum, I used my complimentary ticket, it only cost me 3 bucks! I arrived at the theatre at about noon, I was the 3rd person in the room but people showed up after me, there were probably about 30 or so people for the first showing and only about 5 girls. Needless to say I LOVED the movie, I already can't wait to see it again. I'll probably write a little review in another post.
After the movie I walked over to the Bell Centre to get a ticket to the AHL game that was playing that night, between the Saint John's IceCaps and the Hamilton Bulldogs. Tickets started at $14.50, online so I thought it would be a great chance to see a game in the Bell Centre, for cheap. At the ticket booth the girl told me it's cheaper to get tickets from them than to order online [like 5-7 extra for handling fees or something]. My ticket came to $25.50 and it was 10 rows up from the ice!
The game was good, especially the 3rd period and the shootout. But there were all kinds of little kids and I didn't speak to anyone around me. But one thing is for sure, people in this city love their hockey!!
Also between getting my ticket and when I headed back to the Bell Centre for the game it was snowing! I couldn't have written a better day!
Saturday I got to sleep in! in the afternoon I headed to Laurel's [I mentioned running into her, in my last post] to meet up with her and a couple of her friends. We were headed to Nuit Blanche! A winter festival thing, it started at 6PM and was going through until 6AM with the Metro running all night. Most of the events were free and I had a good time. We walked a lot and didn't find the events we were looking for. Maybe it was us, but it was poorly marked and we did see some employees but never when we wanted or needed them. Also it was COLD! Between all the walking and fresh air I was tired when I got home, didn't even log onto the computer! haha
If you added up the cost I said, not only was it was great week but it was cheap too!! [not including the move and what I needed for the new place].
Now to find a job!

~believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment