Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Canada Day [I know it was July 1st!]

I realize this is super late, but better late then never, right?! As you can tell by the title of this post, it's my way late Canada Day post. ...I just realized I skipped St. Jean Baptiste day, opps! [Quebec's holiday. I do have some pics from that parade I might post them some time]. But here are some of my pictures from Canada Day 2012!!
I took a buck of pictures from the parade, but it wasn't a super fancy parade. There were a lot of countries represented, I even joked that it was a Canada Day parade not a rest of the world parade. But then I realized that they are Canadians, from those countries! [I have my moments haha]
So here is the only picture I am going to post from the parade. It's Justin Trudeau!!! 
In the evening I met up with a friend and went tot he old port. Did you know that the Cirque du Soleil actually takes place under a circus tent?!?
Well in the old port in Montreal it does!!

I didn't see the show, but maybe someday I will.
Here are a few pics of the boats and the view.
 here you can see the Cirque du Soleil tents, the Biosphere and boats!


There is a whole row of vendors and when we got to the end, this is what the sun set looked like.
We wandered back to the other side. Here are more pictures of the Cirque du Soleil tents. Around this time, we were almost in the way of about 30 student protesters! That was the closest I've been to the protesters and the closest I plan to be! Luckily they just wanted to be heard and passed by without any problems.
Yes, these are taken on the miniature setting. Doesn't it look like a real circus?!

I love the colours...even if they are a little off. haha
Before the fireworks there was a band playing, if you know me at all, I love live music!! I'll listen to anything live! This band's name is Alter Ego. They are from Montreal and the best way to describe them is a cover band. But they are more than that. There are 10 members in the band and they do full costume changes to be dressed in the style or like the act they are covering! Most of my pictures aren't that great but here are a few of the best I got.
disco
LMFAO ...from this pic they look a lot like them!
Lady gaga! ..this one is taken from the big screen

California girls ...aka Katy Perry
This one they were singing "Hey Mickey" and I think they blew a fuse, because the lights and everything cut out...mid song!! After the break they were back and covered Bryan Adams!


They ended their show with an original and it was the first time they played it live! It was great!! That was the first time I had ever of their group but they were every entertaining and the outfit changes were crazy!!
Then came the fireworks, because there were soo many people in that one location, it was hard to get a good view. Here are my two best pictures.



Then I hopped on the metro and headed home, exhausted from the hot day and all the walking!
I guess that is all I have to say for today.
I just realized I didn't mention how beautiful the old port is!! You can tell by the pics, but the streets are cobble stone and it just cozier than the downtown! Someday I'll got back and get lots of pictures, till then you'll just have to take my word of it! haha

~believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment