Wednesday, February 8, 2012

early mornings that turn into a good day

A good day in my books, doesn't usually start until about noon. However, sometimes getting up early has it's advantages.
Like today for example, I set my alarm for 7:30 and planned to be out the door by 8...well it was closer to 8:15 by the time I was out the door. So I rushed to the Metro, which was full of people. After I was nearly down the 3 flights of stairs/escalators I saw that there was a train already there. Instead of rushing to get it, I figured there would be another along shortly. It was hot and starting to get crowded again, so I looked at my watch to see that it was nearly 8:30. Usually I have nothing but time but today I had to at the VIA train station for 9:05. I knew it would take a good 15 minutes to get to the Peel station and then about 10 to get me to the VIA station. So I was starting to panic a bit.

I was trying to decide if I would walk all the way to the train station in time, when the next train showed up. Of course, each car on the train will only hold so many people, so I had to be a little pushy to get on the train. I was just inside the train and I wasn't the only one, cuz the doors tired to close but someone was preventing them from closing, the conductor even told everyone to check and make sure they weren't preventing the doors from closing because that was what was holding up the subway. You know the saying "packed like sardines" that's exactly what it was like!
So I held on to my spot in the subway and eventually got to my stop. I don't drink coffee but I had offered to stop at Starbucks, before the train station since Starbucks is right beside Liquid Nutrition and they make good fruit smoothies. So after purchasing both my drinks I was on my way, with time to spare. I made it to the train station and of course the trains was running late. So I sat down and rested for a few minutes, then I decided I should try to figure out when and where the train was arriving. Of course I wasn't in the right place but I caught a glimpse of Kate and tracked her down. She wasn't feel well so I watched her bags but I didn't mind, I was happy to see her. When she came back we talked for what seemed like 10 minutes before she was on her way to Ontario. Kate is moving to BC for work, you can see more about her journey here.
It was only 10ish when I left the train station so still relatively early. I don't remember if it was on facebook or twitter but I had seen the the Habs practice was at 10:30 for about 5 minutes I considered trying to figure out how to get to Brossard to see the practice but didn't think I would make it, so I just wandered around.
I keep trying to get lost in the city, but it never seems to work. I was in the middle of trying again when I heard someone shout out "Go Pittsburgh" and I suddenly flashed back to the Penguins jersey and Habs jerseys I saw in the train station. In that moment I realized that not only the Penguins were in town for a game but most likely, my future husband, Sidney Crosby was also in town. So I set out on a little adventure to find him, I knew there was no way that I would find him but it was fun to try. I did find the one place I always find when I quit looking, the Bell Centre. This time I was on the opposite side than I am used too. But it may me smile anyway. As I got closer the entrance I was closest to said "Administration Office".
Now to this point I had never set foot in the Bell Centre, I tried to go to the Habs Zone, one time but it was closed. I walked into this entrance and was in awe of the place, on the walls were past players, some lifting the Cup and a wall of musical artists that had preformed there. There was also a large print of the 2011-12 team. I'm sure if the receptionist had been at her desk she would have thought I was crazy. I was just over come with this feeling of belonging.
Now I knew I wasn't going to get access to the building and I didn't want to, I just wanted and application so I could fill it out. [I downloaded the application online and I filled it out and when I tried to send it and my resume it failed, every time. Then my hard drive crashed and I lost it, so I had kind of given up.] She didn't have an application but she asked if I had a resume, lucky I had some printed just the day before [no thanks to you Service Canada]. She asked what position and I said usher. Needless to say I was happy when I left there.
Since it was still well before noon, I went into the Habs Zone, the gift shop in the Bell Centre. The shop was smaller than I thought it would be but it still had just about anything a Habs fan could ever want. Naturally I wanted one of everything but managed to walk out without spending a cent. Everything was pretty pricey [pardon the pun haha] and the only thing I really wanted that I thought they would have is a red hoodie with the Habs logo, they had nice hoodies but not a red one and they were like 60-70 bucks. So I will save my money and get the one I want.
I went for lunch and then decided to go see the movie, Albert Nobbs. I had to take the Metro to a different spot, so I thought I might come back and wander around again before the game, but after the movie. That didn't happen. I was tired before the movie, but I did enjoy it. It was a great story. After the movie I figured I would be lucky to make it home and go to bed, so I just went home. It was however, a good day...even if I was awake before 8AM. haha

~believe.

1 comment: