Sunday, February 19, 2012

This city, is my city...and I love it!

Since my last post I've been packing, fighting with my cellphone provider and desperately searching the internet for a place. Not to mention stressing and worrying like crazy!
Last night I found a few places but it was too late to call but I replied via email to one place. Surprisingly she wrote me back last night and I had an appointment for today. Long story short, I put a deposit on it and am wait to hear if I got it or not.
So instead of rushing home to look at different places, I took advantage of the spring like weather and went on an adventure.
I hopped on the Metro and ended up at a station that has connections to three lines. Yes, 3! The Green, the Orange and the Yellow; the Yellow line only has 2 other stops Jean Drapeau and Longueuil-Universite-de-Sherbrooke. Jean Drapeau is on Ile Sainte-Helene, which is where I went today.
First another 'beautiful Metro' pic:

This one is at Berri-UQAM.
So the Island is laid out like this:


Unfortunately I didn't find that sign until I had already walked this:

The pink line, yes I went off the map! haha The yellow line is what I walked after finding the sign.

Biosphere:

It was pretty amazing and unlike the few people I took pics for, I managed to take a pic myself. haha [I'm pro like that.]:



Here is a pic of La Ronde, which is a member of Six Flags but it's not opened in the winter. haha You can also see the Olympic Stadium.


Can you see the city through the trees:


The Fort:


The ice village and the city in the background:


The layout of the village:

I didn't go into the ice village, there were lots of people!

Bonne Homme Carnival?!

It was a nice day and not cold.

~believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment