Monday, March 5, 2012

this past week

Two jam packed fun weeks in a row would be asking for too much. This week was much much quieter. I didn't do much of anything, saw a movie Tuesday night [cheap night] and did some job searching, but didn't find anything.
Friday night I was getting a little stir crazy but all I ended up doing for excitement was heading up to Loblaws for milk and something for supper. I also got chips and a movie.
Saturday I was not staying in all day. I headed downtown to watch Goon, again [still love it!]. I'm also getting tired of being in an NHL city but not seeing the games! So after the movie I headed to my fave Pub for supper, a few beers and to watch the game! I was checking facebook at one point when I saw that an old acquaintance was at the game. I sent him a message, telling him to consider "my pub" for post-games beers. I didn't get a straight answer from him as to whether or not he was going to show up.
When the game was over, more people started showing up and since I was at a table for 4, I felt like everyone was looking at me and wondering when I would leave. The waitress even asked me if I was expecting anyone else, awkward. Not long after that, my buddy showed up! Yay I wasn't a loser anymore! He was with a friend and they were expecting someone else. Turns out that someone else was John Lu from TSN [yes, every time I say his name I feel like I have to add the 'from TSN' haha]. After John was there Annakin Slayd came over to talk to him. John introduced us to Annakin [Yay! Finally met Annakin!]. Annakin wasn't the only one that wanted to talk to John, several people asked for pictures. So I went from the loser at the table to the popular table! haha funny how things can change in a matter of minutes.
After the pub we went to eat. [Oh and yes, I told John that I was jobless, gave him my business card and he told me he would let me know if he heard of any freelance jobs... it's all about who you know!]
Then it was pushing 1:30AM and I thought I could make it to the Metro in time for the last train... I didn't so I had to catch a cab. I don't have much experience in 'catching a cab'. I was walking in the direction of my apartment but knew I would get lost and it would take a long-ish time to get to my place so I had to flag a cab down.
As I was walking there was a gang of people coming towards me, I wasn't scared despite the hour and lack of people around, but to be safe I crossed the road [jay-walked]. When I got to the other side of the road, I was then on the right side. The first cab slowed down but I guess I didn't give him the right sign so he just went passed. The next one I kind of flagged down and he stopped. So I was on my way home, he spoke with an accent [not French], so the conversation was difficult.
I live on a one-way street and we were at the wrong end, so he dropped me off on the corner and I just walked up the street. And that was my night.

~believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment