Tuesday, July 31, 2012

July 19-23

I haven't officially written a bucket list [yet], but since last Thursday [two Thursdays ago, the 19th, I know, I am a terrible blogger] I have crossed a few things off it. [Come to think of it I have crossed a lot off this hypothetical bucket list since moving to Montreal. Maybe I should actually write up a bucket list.]
I guess I could start this with last Thursday [19th]. My sister drove up from NB, Montreal was a pit stop for her on her way to a wedding in Ottawa [I was attending it with her]. This was the first time I have seen a member of my immediate family since I moved here in December [that's 7 months people, but it doesn't seem that long! :s], also it was the first time someone has come to visit and spend the night.
Click read more to find out about the rest of my week...including pics.
So she arrived Thursday and we had previously discussed that she wanted to go to the pub. So we headed downtown to the pub, we had a bite to eat then we wandered around. Found the Bell Centre of course, then wandered up [or was it down, which ever haha] Saint Catherine st. I realized why I don't wander that street or many streets that late at night. Nothing bad, just drunk and disorderly people. Since it was getting late we hopped on the Metro and headed back to my place.
This isn't a bucket list thing, but it was a first in Montreal, on the walk to my place we ran into some wild life, like an animal. haha It was a racoon. We watched him climb a tree and got a few pics, of course my camera was dumb so here is the best one I got.
Can you see him?!
I don't know that this would have been on my bucket list before, but it really should have been. Riding a roller coaster, yes I had never been on one before Friday [the 20th]. There is an amusement park in Montreal, called La Ronde, it was something else that my sister and I had planned to do while she was here. We got there around 1, since it had been a bit pricey to get in I was going to make the most of it...and by that I mean I was at the very least going to go on at least one roller coaster to say I did it. Turns out I LOVED the first coaster and I was the only one that went on every ride [including 7 coasters and a few swing rides]! [it was me, my sister and one of my friends from here.] There wasn't even THAT many people there, like the line ups weren't too bad. It might have been because it was a Friday, but you think that would be one of the busy days. At any rate the longest wait was maybe 45 mins. There is also these 'Flash passes' available for an extra 20 bucks that allows you to skip the line, if you go with a large crew it would definitely be worth it!
Here are some of my pics from a ride, I can't remember what it is called but we were sitting in this round thing that went up and turned slowly. On the beautiful day like we had you could see the whole city and the park, of course.
This is Le Monstre:
It's the largest wooden roller coaster in Canada and the tallest two-track wooden roller coaster in the world! We went on it twice! It was kind of freaky, because you couldn't always tell where the track was so you didn't know where you were going it also goes through the tunnel like places that looked like they were going to be too small haha but it was fun! The first time we went on it we were in the second bench and there was a couple in front of us, the man loved it the woman was not impressed. I don't know what she thought she was in for but at the end of the ride she was not talking to the man haha.
In this pic you can see a couple of the rides, the blueish on on the right, was the first first one we went on. The cars back up this steep incline, then it lets go and you go through 2 loops before you start up the other side of the incline, which lets you go and you do the loops backwards. For my first roller coaster I think it was perfect, it had a bit of everything! haha 

Here is just a view of the city, kinda haha. 

In this pic you can see my apartment...haha not really! But that's kind of where it is and of course you can see the beginning of Goliath!!

Goliath was my favourite roller coaster!! The line up wasn't too long for this one but there was a lot of walking to get to the front of the line. I can only imagine what it's like on the weekends and holidays! That is when the Flash pass would come in handy, for sure!!

This was on the wall for the only indoor roller coaster in the park. The Directioner in me had to take a picture, it was just so random. You should be able to read all the boys' names, from left to right: Harry, Zayn, Liam, Niall and Louis [between Liam and Niall it also says Niall James Horan]. Now I did admit to being a Directioner [nickname for fans of One Direction] but I am not nearly as crazy as most of their fans. In fact I would label myself as a 'closet fan' because you won't find me at a concert or chasing the boys around. I was trying to write a whole post about them, but that pretty much sums it up. Last week I did however, rock One Direction nails [luckily no one noticed them or called me out on it haha] you can see them here [that is indeed my personal nail art blog, enjoy!].

It was about 10 when we left La Ronde, we took a little detour to do some trick photography with the Biosphere. Naturally it took a lot of 'practice shots' to get a good one, so I will spare you from the others. 

Saturday morning we got up early and got dressed for the wedding and the drive to Ottawa. It's only about a 2 and a half hour drive but we made a few stops and it took some time to sort out the darn GPS!
Here is a pic of us entering Ontario!

This one is after the wedding when we were headed back to Quebec:
That's right, the wedding was in Ottawa and the reception/our hotel was in Gatineau, Quebec. You can kind of see Parliament in the pic above...I think. haha

This was headed back to Montreal, actually I think we were on the island at the time haha. And the picture really doesn't it do it justice, the plane looked a lot bigger in person. Kind of freaky. 

The pics below are from the Old Port, we went there Sunday night for dinner and to wander around.
A tall ship...that's what it's called! haha

I love the city in the background! [I realize I posted on like this in another blog.]


LA RONDE!! from the old port, see the tall orange one, that's the one I took the pics from.

I'm going to end this post here, but I will write up another one about who we met in the Old Port!!! [another could be bucket list item and yes, that means two posts in one night, you are welcome! haha you can find it here. :D ]

~believe.


No comments:

Post a Comment