Tuesday, January 15, 2013

what happened in my first year that hasn't been post yet

Did you read the first part of my year in review?! No. Well you can find it here.
If you've already read it welcome to part two, the parts that have not made it on my blog yet. I'm sure there is more things that have happened that I can't remember at this time




In September my Mom came to visit me...well she didn't actually come just to visit me. She came up for a friend's birthday and it just happened to be in my city. OK, so maybe I was part of the reason she came up. She arrived Sunday afternoon and was here until Wednesday morning. We went around the city, did some shopping and had a great visit. I know I took some pictures but I can't seem to find them at this time.

Mother Nature threw some curve balls my way for example the earthquake that rocked Montreal. I was hardly affected by it actually, about 3 mis of interrupted sleep. I had gone to sleep around 11:40 and was awakened at 12:17. The only way I can explain what happened is that I heard a noise. I thought maybe it was the neighbours upstairs [they can be noisy sometimes] or a big truck driving by. I just know I woke up looked at the clock then rolled over and went back to sleep. When I woke up in the morning it was all over twitter and facebook.

Just after Christmas I survived a record breaking snowfall in the city. Before I headed to work this is what I saw outside my window.

I watched it fall outside the windows at work but wasn't sure how much had fell until I left work.
Twenty four hours later, the view looked like this:
Just a little bit of snow, it actually looked like this 12 hours after the original picture but it was dark outside for the full effect I thought I would wait until about the same time the next day. I wish I had of gotten a picture today, it's been almost spring like out the last few days and the snow has melted a lot.
A few other pictures, these are the walk home from work:
Yes, that is the side walk.
I know this one is out of focus, but there was at least 2 cars parked here. The path out just amused me.
These are the morning after.


My street.


While the NHL was locked out the Bell Centre didn't get as much use as it usually does in the winter. One event that I attended there was a blood donating clinic. There was talk of Alumni in attendance and a tour of the locker room. Yes, THE locker room!
I met Michel Terrien, it was just after I had donated so I didn't remember that he is the current Coach. opps!  Sergio Memesso was also there, I've met him several times but I finally got a picture with him.


I'll have to make another post with the locker room pictures, I think this post is long enough.

~believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment