Sunday, May 13, 2012

The Woodstock Slammers are...

the second best Junior A team in Canada!!!
Since they lost, I wasn't going to write a post but I figured I might as well. I don't really have much to say about them, I only saw a couple [one full] games this season. But that doesn't mean I was cheering for them any less. And second best in all of Canada, isn't anything to be ashamed of!!!

It's unfortunate that the last Junior A memory for the few graduating 21 year olds, is a 4-3 loss [and the fourth goal came with 50 seconds left of play].  Like I said I didn't see the game, even though it was on TSN2, I couldn't find it online. Apparently there was a penalty or maybe two at the end of the game that was questionable, and it was against the Slammers.  just sayin' I didn't see it, that's just what I read.

At any rate congrats to the whole Slammers Organization on a great season!! Best of luck to the 21 year olds!! I'm sure the whole team has memories that will last a life time from this season!!

I'm not sure if the whole team is traveling back to Woodstock, or if they are going to go their separate ways. If they do end up back in the 'stock, I would be shocked if there wasn't a heros welcome!

~believe.

update May 19, 2012: Coach's Corner around the 2:30 mark
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockeynightincanada/coachscorner/video/#id=2236908840&tab=1
The Woodstock Slammers mentioned on HNIC!! Thank you Ron MacLean!

No comments:

Post a Comment