Sunday, May 27, 2012

People Watching week 4

I haven't seen too many interesting people lately, but that's probably cuz I haven't been out much.
Today I decided to hop on the Metro and go to Parc Jean Drapeau and see what was going on there. Turns out a lot of stuff! haha

I assume there is lots going on there every weekend. I followed signs for this "Piknic Electronik" I got to the main gate but I was not paying to get in. As far as I could tell and after looking it up online. They play electronic or techno music and people are welcome to bring picnic food and beverages. I could hear the music around the park but I didn't go in. Next time I'll do a little more research, before I head there.
There were also people doing or showing sporty things. In the ponds there were kayakers, paddle boarders [?? standing on a surf board with a paddle], a rock wall and slackliners. Then there were tents with hiking shoes and stuff like that.
I was a bit late cuz a lot of people were closing up shop. But I wandered around and I watched the slackliners for a long while.

this guy went across and came back, then he did some tricks





This guy looked really familiar, then I was pretty sure he was the lead actor in the movie Pour Toujours les Canadiens. But I didn't know his name. When I got home I googled him. According to his twitter account, he is an actor and slackliner. Dhanae Beaulieu. You never know who you'll see. He fell in the water a few times but eventually made it across but not back across. 



This guy was crazy good though. At one point he left his feet, sat on the cord and then bounced up to his feet again.


And of course the Biosphere, it's so huge! I'm going to have to go inside sometime. 
That's all for today.

~believe.



No comments:

Post a Comment