Tuesday, March 20, 2012

where have i been

I haven't really been anywhere, well aside from around Montreal. haha
Since my last post I went to a job fair. It was at this huge convention centre, in Old Montreal. There were a lot of people there and the exhibitors were offering jobs that I was in no way qualified for! I wandered around a few times and took a few websites but then I left.
On Saint Patrick's Day I was up early to meet a friend to watch the Saint Patrick's Day Parade. Before I met up with here I saw a couple of guys with blue Impact scarfs, it was the first home game of the Impact. I was also struck by just how many people were wearing green for Saint Patrick's Day! I don't know if it was because there are soo many more people in the city, that there is a large Irish Community or what but I never remember seeing soo much green!! Unfortunately for us we were a day early for the parade. So after walking down and back up Rue Sainte Catherine and stoping for a bite to eat, we decided to go to the Home show. It was more walking around, it was really well organized but not really my thing. Maybe if I had a million dollars and was planning to built a house... also the whole time I couldn't get a Blink 182 song out of my head "home show mom won't know...." yeah haha
The Metro home was a mix of green and blue and a bit of red! [blue for the Impact, green for Saint Patrick's Day and red for the Habs] The Impact game must of just been over cuz not only was the Metro backed [going to opposite direction as me] but also the streets once I got off the Metro. The Olympic stadium is about a 30 minute walk from my place and I can only imagine how packed the place was for the soccer game.
On Sunday we met up again and this time the road was closed and there were all kinds of people on the side walk...still in all shades of green! The parade started around noon and didn't finish until 3 or later!! I couldn't believe it...mind you I am from a small town, ok really small town, were we joke after the fire truck goes by that that is the extent of the Canada Day parade!
It also happened to be a hot day and sunny, I got a sun burn on my face! It looked worse than it was.
~believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment