Tuesday, March 6, 2012

movie manners

I love how just before the previews it says to shut off your phone and not to talk during the movie and yet there are some people that just don't listen.
I rarely get phone calls and when I get a text it just vibrates, however, when I go to see a movie I make sure my phone is on silent. I often double check, because that one time I forget, I'm sure someone will call.
So today I went to a movie, it was at 3:45 and cheap day, so I didn't think it would be packed and it wasn't. When I went in there wasn't many people. I like sitting in the middle and towards the back but those seats were taken [actually the 2nd row from the back was free but the guy sitting in the middle kinda gave me the creeps when I walked by so I didn't sit there]. I ended up on the left side about 3 rows down but I wish I had just sat in the front, like I first thought when I walked in.
There was a group of 'kids' [they might have been late teens, early 20s tops]. They ended up sitting behind me and they talked through all the pre-show and previews. I was hoping they would stop when the movie started but they didn't. They were a bit quieter but they were still talking, someone did shhh them but they didn't stop. It was annoying but that wasn't the worst.
They were also putting their feet on the seats in my row, moving my seat.
I'll admit, I am guilty of putting my feet up if no one is sitting in front of me, but I try not to move the seats and I certainly wouldn't do it if someone was directly in front of me.
Needless to say it was difficult to appreciate the movie. Towards the end of the movie someone's cell phone when off, I was so annoyed by the people behind me that the cell phone didn't really bother me. But that wasn't the first time that I've seen a movie that a cell phone has interrupted the movie.
And lastly the credits... When the credits start most people get up and leave, I have no problem with that if they actually leave! I usually stay for about half the credits or until I feel like leaving, sometimes there is a hidden scene or in today's case there were pictures during the credits. The couple in front of me stood up and were taking their precious time to leave. When I say in front I mean they were right in front of me, I could hardly see the screen!
I think I liked the movie...but more than anything I was just happy to get out of there! haha

~believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment