Thursday, December 8, 2011

Hello Montreal!

I’m really not sure what that is from but we’ve, my family and I, have been saying it for years. I thought it was a perfect title for this post, considering I am in Montreal!! And I said Hello to Montreal early this morning!
You read right, I’ve made the big move and Montreal is my new home.
As I posted last night, my flight was early this morning. We left home around 4AM, it was dark and raining, we got to the airport with lots of time to spare. I’ve only flown twice before today and it seemed to be a normal trip through the airport, except almost not being able to check my luggage, see it was 79 lbs, 80 is the limit I think. I managed to fit my ‘whole life’ is one large suit case, a book bag, laptop bag and a camera bag, I thought I did pretty good. If I had to remove something from my suitcase that might have caused problems but I would have done it, if I had too. However, I didn’t have too, yay! It didn’t make traveling any easier though, it was me that had to drag it through the airport and me that had to drag it on and off the shuttle. But I made it!
So not only was this the first time I booked my own flight, I also traveled alone and once I got to Montreal I traveled on the shuttle to downtown and then got a cab to my final destination. I don’t know if I mentioned this yet or not, but I had never been to Montreal before, I mean I passed by/sort of through before in a car but never spend anytime here.
The flight was good, it was raining when we left Freddy and there was a bit of turbulence but not bad. There wasn’t anything to see since it was still dark out. Once we got closer to Montreal I could see the sun rising and all the lights of Montreal. About the only thing I recognized was the Olympic Stadium. I had a window seat and I didn’t have anyone sitting beside me.
During the trips on the shuttle and the cab, it was snowing, not huge snow flakes but enough to make it feel like a snow globe. Once I was out of the cab and waiting to be let into the apartment, I looked up the street and there was a lady that had fallen, slipped on ice I assume. A few people stopped to help her up but she didn’t seem injured. I went to eat at this little restaurant, they serve breakfast and lunch and three times a week they have a soup kitchen. They also had a couple of high school students working there, I assume to get school credits or something.
After breakfast, I unpacked some and had a nap. I had only slept 3 hours the night before. After my nap I wandered around, the street I was on had lots of stores and shops. I wasn’t really shopping, just out exploring and getting a few necessities.
After that I went to subway for supper and was home just time to listen to the Habs game on the radio! Unfortunately they lost in the shoot out but it was exciting knowing that they were playing in the same city I’m in!!
Tomorrow, more exploring of the city! For now it’s sleep time.
~believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment