Monday, December 12, 2011

Metro!

So today I had every intention of taking the Metro (first time ever and alone) to the Biodome. However, last night I decided to find it on google and see exactly where I was going. I also checked out their website and found out that it was closed today. I still wanted to take the Metro (Subway) so I did a bit of research and found a Walmart within walking distance of the 'Green line' [the green line is closets to me and I figured as long as I don't have to change lines and can walk to and from the station I should be good]. So I headed to the local Metro Station and it was simple enough to find my way and get to where I was going. It wasn't even that packed, probably because I waited until after lunch, again I had planned for before lunch but just wasn't quite ready so I waited until after.
I almost thought I was lost, on my way home I got off at the right station but I took the wrong stairs up but I didn't let myself get too turned around and found my way easily.
Tomorrow I am going to the Biodome! It's a ways away so that should be fun.
In the evening I went to The Wheel or The Wheel Club. Monday night is "Hillbilly Night". Basically anyone that wants to perform just has to put their name on a list, with a few rules. No electric instruments, including drums. All songs must be Bluegrass or Country and from before 1965 and not your own. (I think those were the only rules). The opening act performs 3 songs, then everyone else performs 2, unless they are the 'mini feature' they perform 4. It's pretty much a big jam session. The guys that 'kicked off' the evening played with most everyone. With Christmas approaching there were a few Christmas songs.
The place it's self was interesting. You go down these steps outside and by the smoking area into a basement area. It's all open with the bar to the right and the 'stage' on the left. In front of the stage there are 3 big wheels painted white and on the wall behind the performers are several pictures of past performers, ones that 'went somewhere,' I guess. There was a good mix of older people and college kids. I enjoyed myself and I would probably go back, but I don't see it becoming a weekly event.
~believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment