Thursday, October 25, 2012

some times all you need is a little street hockey

I know, I know. I haven't posted in forever. I have no excuse. I get up go to work, come home from work, check stuff online, sleep and repeat. I haven't had any great stories to share or anything to really post.
I want to say I've been hiding because the lack of hockey going on. But I haven't even been struggling with that until recently. I've unfortunately let work consume my life. The sad thing is I work at a call centre, I show up on time, do my job and leave when my shift is over. I think it's the early mornings that are killing me.
At any rate this post is not going to be about work. It's going to be about hockey!! or more importantly hockey players!!
Now I can't remember the exact series of events but last Tuesday. If I remember correctly it started with an early tweet by Cabbie, saying he was headed to Montreal to hang out with Brandon Prust and Colby Armstrong. I remember wishing I knew where they were going to be for a 'chance meeting' but just shrugged and made plans to see a movie with a friend.
The morning went on as usual. Then there were some tweets and retweets. Brandon Prust was going to be outside the Bell Centre playing street hockey and Cabbie was going to be there!! [I've been a fan of Cabbie for a few years now, his stories crack me up! examples: hockey one, football one and who doesn't like  hockey players and puppies!! and those are just some recent ones.]
Since I had made plans I wasn't going to break them. I mean, sure it was one of those chances to see Cabbie and a Habs player. But I didn't want to back out of my plans...until Colby Armstrong tweeted. I've talked about Army before, here. So when I found out he was going to be there I had to at the very least try to be there.  Luckily my friend was willing to go to the later movie and she came to the game with me.
The game had already started when we got there, but it was exciting none the less! I really didn't realize how much I've been missing hockey.
I wanted to speak to Cabbie, but didn't really have a chance. I did, however, get to say a few words to Colby after the game. I told him, I've been a fan since 2007 [I will write about that trip before the lockout is over, promise]. I also told him that I was super excited when I heard he signed here, he said he was too!
Even though I was still feeling the effects of a cold, it was still a great afternoon!


The movie we went to that night was Perfect Pitch! and it was great!! 
I should have another post in the next couple of days... also including Habs players!

~believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment