Monday, January 30, 2012

let's go to the movies

I have been to a few movies since I've been in Montreal (at least two a week). Why you might ask. Well it's sort of an easy way out. It's a relatively cheap activity, lasting about an hour and a half to two hours. I can get completely lost in a movie, which I could do in this city I guess, the later being more dangerous. haha. I usually learn something, about myself or it just makes me think. I've thought about becoming a movie critic, but I don't think I know enough about the actual movies, I'm sure it's something I could learn but that would take time. I've also been able to go as often as I have because I am still unemployed, I'm sure as soon as I become employed I will have less time to go or less cash to go. Unless of course I get a job at a theatre, which I have applied.
Another thing I like about the movies is the previews! Sometimes after seeing the previews I feel like walking out, cuz I feel I've seen the best show already. (did that make sense? haha) What I mean is that, I get so excited for the coming attractions that I forget what I am actually there to see and feel like it will be less than I expected.
There are a few coming out in the next couple of months that I am really excited for. Remember how I mentioned Goon in a previous post?! Well it comes out towards the end of February. Who am I kidding, it comes out the 24th!! I've been looking forward to this one for a while now. It was co-written but Jay Baruchel, I've been a fan of Jay since his PMK (Popular Mechanics for Kids) Days. Then I found out he grew up in Montreal and is a diehard Habs fan! (How could I not like him!) Anyway, Goon is a hockey movie, about an enforcer or several enforcers. (I haven't seen it yet, so I couldn't tell you.) Last week I saw the trailer on the big screen and I was practically bouncing in my seat. I can't say much more about this one, yet. Just that I am super pumped for it!
In April, the next Nicholas Sparks book turned movie come out, The Lucky One. This is another one I am looking forward too. I've read all of Nicholas Sparks' books, and recently re-read The Lucky One. I can tell by the trailer that the movie isn't going to be the same as the book and I wasn't sure how Zac Effron would be as the male lead. But after finishing the book again and seeing the trailer again (and on the big screen), I'm sold. I realize it won't be the same as the book, but I know how I feel about the book and I am sure the movie will be great on its own! (Hopefully I won't have to tell people after the movie to read the book it ends differently, as I after The Notebook. Seriously book>movie. every. time.)
I just realized I skipped over The Vow, that comes out February 10th. It's based on true events, which usually means it will be good. It stars Channing Tatum, also not a bad sign! Star Wars Episode 1, will be re-released on Feb 10th in 3D!! I am not a huge Star Wars fan but I have seen all of them (thanks Big Bro) and I actually want to see this one, especially on the big screen and in 3D! I saw the trailer in 3D and it looks like it will be a lot of fun!
I guess that's all I have to say for now...
~believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment