Friday, January 20, 2012

on this date in 2007

Five years ago I was in Pittsburgh, PA witnessing my first (and only so far) live NHL hockey game with my sister. The game between the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Pittsburgh Penguins was broadcast live on Hockey Night in Canada, so my parents were able to enjoy it too. I don't remember all the details about the game (I have it written down, don't worry) but the highlight of the night wasn't the game. After the game we went down to the locker room area, I don't think we were that close to the locker room but that is irrelevant. We were waiting down there for the best player in the NHL, Sidney Crosby!

Thinking back on the weekend, it feels like it was a dream. But it was real and it was just the push I needed to leave my job and head in a new direction.
I don't remember the exact date but I think it was in April, I applied to go back to school. I got accepted to STU and NBCC Woodstock. STU would have been 4 years (and lots of money). I went to an open house at NBCC Woodstock and knew it was the right place for me. I spent three years in Woodstock, got my diploma in Journalism and a certificate in Digital Photography. I also re-estiblished or it just grew stronger, my love for hockey. After I left Woodstock, the life that I was super excited for kind of fizzled out. I moved to a town with less skilled hockey, I did go to a few games but it wasn't enough to satisfy me. So I left there the first chance I got.
I moved again, to Montreal, and now I am in a city that should and will embrace my love for the sport. But I just haven't quite fully rekindled my love for the sport, I know it's there I just need to be in a rink, see a live game and breath in the whole thing...

~believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment