Thursday, June 21, 2012

from my mailbox!!

I go check my mailbox daily and I don't always have something there but I have received a few things lately that have made me smile. 
A week or so ago I received an envelope without a return address. I knew who it was from, but it was a surprise.
This is what was inside:

Yes, those are hockey cards, how could a person not love getting hockey cards in the mail. And yes, that is a Steve Dangle business card. So you guessed it those cards are from one of my favourite YouTubers, even if he is a Leafs fan [I'm going to have to do a post all about my YouTube addiction aren't I. Also just decided I have an addiction to YouTube, could be worse I guess]. I've been following Steve for a long time now, I don't know how I found him but I kept watching his videos because he has a real passion for hockey, he knows his stuff and he isn't afraid to tell the truth about the Leafs [no phoney 'they are the greatest ever. the end'. He tells the cold hard truth]. 
How did I get hockey cards from Steve Dangle you ask? I guess the short answer [I know it feels just saying the answer will be short] is that this: "Free hockey cards because I love you" [that's right he loves me! JK]. I think he has an account for just about ever social media website there is. So I saw a tweet about free hockey cards and I thought, "why not, I love hockey cards." Since he doesn't follow me on twitter [Steve if you are reading this, follow me! haha], I send him a message on facebook [we used to be friends but now he just has a fan page, Mr. Bigshot! haha again JK Steve].  
Anyway, in the message I asked for a Paul Bissonnette card. I couldn't really think of anyone I had to have and I don't own a BizNasty one, so I thought that would be cool. Of course, Bissonnette cards are hard to come by [because they aren't in high demand] and he didn't have any. Steve also said that he knew I was a long time follower and that he would 'hook me up'. I wrote back saying Crosby was my favourite player but he could surprise me with any Habs cards. About a week later those cards arrived in the mail with a note. Now, I like to think I am special and was the only one that got a personal note, but I know I wasn't. [Also I was happy to see the note, one of my pet peeves is receiving something without a note, even if it's just a 'hey I hope you like/enjoy'.]
Steve might not be super famous [he should be], but he is kind of a big deal. He now works for the CBC [yes, the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. In fact, I left it out of my Stanley Cup post but I watched all the credits that night just to see Steve's name and then I smiled with pride, because of course I discovered him on YouTube too...I didn't]. He has covered the World Juniors and the Olympics for Nike [yes, the 'just do it.' Nike]. And he still posts a recap on YouTube after every Leafs' game and he posted recaps during the playoffs. 
Yeah, I think Steve Dangle is pretty cool...for a Leafs' fan. Oh I forgot to mention that for the longest time I was sure his last name was Dangle!! I still refer to him a Steve Dangle [I wonder how he came up with that, he certainly isn't a hockey superstar]. 
When I started this post it was going to be about what I received in the mail today but apparently I had a lot to say about Steve Dangle. In fact I should probably rename is post to something Steve Dangle related. But I'm too lazy to think of something clever and maybe I can start a 'series' about things I get in the mail! Yup yup, I think I will. I have a couple of stories already in mind! hehe
And incase you didn't notice, I am 2 for 2! [2 posts in 2 days] ...I really have no excuse for not posting regularly, besides lack of interesting stories but I am going to try and post more often [have I said that before. haha sorry.]
I guess that is all for today, sorry about all the links and yes, I think I will send this link to Steve Dangle, hopefully he won't think I am a total head-case! haha

~believe.



1 comment:

  1. I never really comment on your blogs ... I usually read them all through, sometimes the hockey ones I just kind of skim, not always and not often but sometimes. As well I don't always retain what I have read. however I do love this post, I can remember you talking at Steve ever since Freddy also? Maybe before lol, I have no idea but I do remember his name and know he is the only leaf fan you like .... OH and I guess Kathy Ells haha. I love you and miss you keep writing Emily ... Like mom said ... I AM YOUR BIGGEST FAN!!!

    ReplyDelete